- Whip PALFFY LACTIS 10 and Sugar until smooth & creamy.
- Add Egg Yolk and mix well.
- Add Cake Flour, Bread Flour and Ground Almond. Continue mixing until fully incorporated with no lumps.
Assemble & Baking:
- Roll out the Basque Dough until approximately 0.4cm thickness.
- Cut out the dough using round shape mould cutter of diameter around 18cm. (Ensure it is big enough for the next step).
- Place the dough on a round shape mound of 14cm diameter x 2cm height. Press dough at the sides of the mound to properly shape it and stick to the mould. Trim out the excess.
- Pipe CREAM FILLING CUSTARD on the dough, make the surface flat.
- Put in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Place another layer of the dough on top, press against the edges at the top of mould to make sure it’s stick properly. Trim out the excess.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 150℃(both Top & Bottom).
- Sift powered sugar at the outer ring of the Gateau Basque to decorate.
- Add more decoration on top with mixed nuts & dried fruits for more attractive appearance, tastes and crunchiness.
Products Used for This Recipe
PALFFY LACTIS 10
All-purpose compound margarine made with naturally fermented buttery flavor.
- Packing: 15kg
- Storage: 3℃-7℃
- Shelf Life: 240days
CREAM FILLING CUSTARD
Good bake-stable custard with smooth texture and natural custard taste.
- Packing: 1kg*6
- Storage: Below -18℃
- Shelf Life: 180days